Saturday, April 12, 2014

Girl and Boy Birthday Cakes!

The top two pictures are our daughter's "dance cake". This is what she told me she wanted when I asked her for ideas for her cake. I thought to myself, "How am I going to make a 'dance cake'?" It took a long time of going through pictures to come up with something. The flowers were actually the easy part. I made them ahead of time and then let her put them on. She was very excited to help! The silhouette was a bit trickier. I ended up printing out a picture then cutting the picture out carefully and keeping the hole it created. I took the said hole in the paper and laid it on the cake. I carefully took the pink icing and spread it on top, filling the hole of the ballerina. Then I peeled the paper off leaving the silhouette on the cake. Basically I stenciled it on as you would have with paint to a wall, but with icing to a cake. It worked pretty effect I thought!

The bottom was so much easier. When I asked our son what he wanted on his cake he was very specific. He said he wanted a blue race car. Well, that was easy enough! I found a picture, printed, piped, filled. Ta-Da! Then I added the "road", grass, and boarder. He was completely happy :). Boys are so much easier sometimes!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment