Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Beginning

I am new to the blogging area of life, but I hope to share with and inspire other cake decorators.  I have not made many yet, but it is something I totally enjoy. I've created a Cowboy Boot Cake for a little boy's birthday, also a Train, Heart, an X-Box 360 controller, and a couple of wedding shower cakes. I enjoy doing more of the creative "out of the box" type cakes as opposed to the flowery type cakes. I'd have to say that the boot has been my favorite so far. Other pictures can be found on my facebook page: wedding shower cakes and baby shower cakes.

I also hope that I will be able to freely talk of my experiences in life as a mother, wife, sister, and friend. To share what I learn as an avid book reader, and cake decorator. Forgiveness is also very important to me. God had taught me a lot about practicing this as well as how it can heal. I learned a lot about forgiveness because myself and someone very dear to me was abused and I felt that it was my fault and I was very anger at the person who had done this. The hate and bitterness I felt was mostly toward what happened to her (it was more severe) and the fact that I couldn't have done anything about it due to our ages.

It has taken me years to overcome the hate and bitterness I had built up. Not to mention the guilt. I am not perfect and still struggle. Thankfully I had a husband who was supportive. I didn't even know there was a problem with me until our first child was almost two years old. Suddenly there didn't seem to be a thing she did that made me happy or satisfied to be a mother. Everything got on my nerves. I went from being a pretty patient mother and wife to someone who would explode at the slightest mistake or the smallest suggestion. There was a black, life sucking, hole in my life. I leaned on everything I believed to be true...family, love, wisdom of those older than me. Nothing I did seemed to take that black hole away. I held onto Bible verses that I knew. I read from the Bible things suggested to me. This seemed to keep me surviving, but I just couldn't seem to find the answer at the time. Through it all my faith in God is what kept me going and gave me answers.

I love reading books as well. Learning from fiction and non-fiction books. Right now I am reading through the Zion Chronicles by Bodie Thoene. They are set in time during the Holocaust. These books have also shown me a lot about forgiveness. I'll be starting Danzing Passage as I have finished up Jerusalem Interlude. More details on this one to come.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing!
    I am writing a blog, too, but it is in German. A friend invited me to join her blog about household, faith, family in April...
    It is a lot of fun! Hope you'll enjoy it.

    Stephie Flentje

    ReplyDelete