Friday, October 5, 2012

My Faith

Today I realized that my last post just kinda jumped in my life with two feet. Perhaps a more of an everyday happenings post would be more appropriate and then bring in what I have learned from studying the Bible, wisdom from close friends, and just seeking Jesus. Because really this is all I have to offer. What my Lord has taught me through my life. I guess that is really what I'd like to share. 

So on to life. Today I was reminded again of 2 Corinthians 12:1-12 where Paul is talking about a thorn in his side and how he has come to understand that God provides His strength in Paul's weaknesses. A lot is going on right now that I just feel inadequate to accomplish. Kid's Club is an after school program where I am the director. Still trying to get advertising out and it is starting on Oct 16th. Also I am not the greatest organizer or one to be on top of finances. I should probably say that I didn't exactly want the position. I turned it down once because I felt that it would take away time from being with our son, I am not organized and would be without an associate director for quite a bit of the time. Well it turns out that God provided TWO associate directors allowing the time I desired to have to train our son. Also my husband believed that I should take the position. So I took it. Reminding myself all the time of 2 Corinthians 12. It is not all bad and I think once it actually starts I will not struggle so much. At least that is what I am praying. With that said I say train our son because he is the youngest of two. His sister just started Kindergarten and is in much need of one on one. He is a bundle of energy and needs to be directed in ways of using said energy constructively ;) ! Wow when I type it out it doesn't seem half bad.

I've also been reading "The Jesus I Never Knew" by Philip Yancey. This book is a real eye opener on how Jesus would have been perceived by his fellow countrymen. Something I think we don't think about much. I just got done reading the section over the beatitudes Jesus talks about on the Sermon on the Mount. I've never thought that they might be offended by the things he said. At the end of Philip's journey to understand these cryptic saying he sums it up in a way I had never thought of these before:
 "For years I had thought of the Sermon on the Mount as a blue-print for human behavior that no one could possibly follow. Reading it again, I found that Jesus gave these words not to cumber us, but to tell us what God is like."
 God's character is merciful, perfect, He loves foes and friends, He promises (and keeps those) to care for us so, no worries. It was really a comfort to me because I had always seen the Sermon on the Mount as a list too, rather than and insight to what God is like. We can never reach these do's and don't's on our own. The distance between us and God is great and can only be spanned by His ability to forgive us even when we don't deserve. This is achievable because Jesus died on the cross and came back to life to bring us this forgiveness.

In other news a friend of ours is graduating from college and is going into HVAC. air conditioning unit . This is a cake I found. Thinking of trying it for his graduating cake. If anyone has done something like this or maybe a different idea I'd like to hear about it in the comments. Always open to new ideas. 

Well that is about all I have tonight. God is stronger than our strongest strength and even more so in our weaknesses!

No comments:

Post a Comment