Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Danzig Passage

I have finished Danzig Passage. This was an incredible book. I love the way she uses history and then makes personal stories come alive. There were a couple of characters that I didn't mention before. One is a boy named Alfie. He lives in a graveyard. Four other children who are trapped in a church. The Nazis are after them because two of them are Jews and two of them are children of parents who are helping Jews. Through some amazing event they finally make it to the train to take them to Danzig. Lucy finally breaks away from Wolf and escapes with two boys who she saved from Wolf capturing them. It wasn't as suspenseful as the other ones but it has the same pull on your heart. Since it wasn't as emotional to read this one I feel able to read the next and last one in the series. Usually I need to wait a couple of weeks. The next is titled Warsaw Requiem. 

This is sort, but soon I will have another with a parable and a few thoughts. Plus my cake is coming up. I will be making a graduation cake for a friend of mine for Nov 17th.

Everyone have a nice night!

No comments:

Post a Comment