Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Classroom Cake

This is the cake I made for our Wednesday night class. I taught the kids in grades 3-6. They were a great group of kids. The fish and bread in the basket represents the favorite lesson we did. Everyone brought something to eat (fish crackers, bread, basket, outside games, blanket to sit on). We went outside and read the Bible story of Jesus feeding 5,000 people with only five loaves of bread and 2 fish. The chain represents a paper chain we had made in the classroom. Every time we met they would tell me something they did that week that reflected what they had learned. By the time we were done with the semester our chain (fondant) stretch from one end of the room to the other. They were very excited to see what they had accomplished! Finally I put the names of the three teachers on the basket and the students names on the blue part of the cake. I used the big pretzels to make the basket 3D. I laid them down and covered them in chocolate icing. I was a tastey mix of sweet and salty!


I hope I sparked your creativity today!


No comments:

Post a Comment