Tuesday, January 7, 2014

First Cakes I Made

So I noticed that I don't actually have many cakes on here so here are the beginning cakes that I have made. These first two are during my cake decorating class.

This cupcake one was done for our daughter when she turned four. I really found I enjoyed doing cakes like this. I used butter icing. To get the shape of the cupcake I used piping gel to trace the shape onto wax paper then gently pressed it onto the cake. The dots and writing are also done in pipping gel.







This cake is the second one I did. It was for our son. These flowers look beautiful. I think that flowers are fun, but they are time consuming and I don't really feel as creative as I do with unique cakes.

I hope you enjoy these birthday cakes. My writing gets better with time. I made the flowers with butter icing. Medium thickness. They writing was thing and so was the icing of the cake.

To make the icing of the cake smooth I used facing material. Place the smooth side down on the cake and gently smooth with hand or angled spatula.

More cakes to come, wedding shower, birthday cakes, and a baby one too!


www.mytradesofhope.com/amyjosims

No comments:

Post a Comment