Monday, October 8, 2012

Cakes and Books

So, I've talked about life in my last few posts. I thought that this one I'd talk about books and cakes.

Books. Love them. Read a lot. All kinds. More fictional than non-fictional. Though I do pick up one every once in a while (The Jesus I Never Knew). I've read most of Lori Wick's books, several Oaks (can't remember how to spell her first name). I love to read older books as well: Scarlet Letter, Sherlock Holmes, Little Women, etc. I read a lot in High School too so I've read like Where the Red Fern Grows, The Face on the Milk Carton. I enjoy a good detective/mystery once in a while too. I don't like the racey romance novels or horror novels. They make my stomach turn.


Cakes. Love decorating them, hate cleaning up! The shortening is so hard to clean without getting it on other cooking tools. I started decorating cakes though a Wilton sponsored class at a community college. I was looking for something creative to do after our second child was born. When I talked about it to my husband he thought I should go for it. So once a week I drove to the city next to us to take the class. It was so much fun to do something without two little ones hanging on me. I love them, but at that time in my life I was ready to do something I would enjoy as an adult. This was it. I learned how to make icing, borders, flowers, and how to outline a picture on paper with pipping jell and then place it on the cake. Shape cakes are fun too!

Well that is about all tonight. Short and sweet. I can't always be talkative. I hope you have a great night and leave you with the chorus of "I Need You Jesus" by NewSong

I need You Jesus to come to my rescue
Where else can I go?
There's no other Name by which I am saved
Capture me with grace
I will follow You

My heart is Yours for life
I need Your hand in mine
No one else will do
Lord I put my trust in You

Read more: http://artists.letssingit.com/newsong-lyrics-rescue-bwfl15r#ixzz28lFyw0AE
LetsSingIt - Your favorite Music Community 

No comments:

Post a Comment