Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rest

I got my new glasses yesterday evening. I am totally excited to see again! Last night I was dealing with nausea because of the new glasses. I am feeling much better.

I have been working on reading through the Book of John. I came to the account of Jesus over throwing the changing tables in the Temple because they were cheating the people out of their money when they bought their sacrifices. At the end of the account He said that he performed few signs and this...

Chapter 2:24 But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people 25 and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man.

So what is in man that made Jesus not get close? This was the question I thought of when I read it. I don't have an answer. Share your thoughts in comments. Maybe it was that we are not as faithful as we think. I have felt the sting of someone betraying me. So that is why I thought of that, also that I have not been most faithful in keeping my own promises. I see that Jesus was very careful with whom He trusted His heart with.

Last post I talked of resting in Jesus. I haven't been doing this lately, but usually I start my day of with prayer. Prayer to be a mother and wife who takes teaching/learning moment with response rather than reaction. I pray for the ability to forgive. I pray that I remember things I need to do for the day and to remember that my life is not the list I have made for the day but as a Child of God and to accomplish my list with the thought of doing each activity and any "interruption" as an opportunity to show His love to my family/friends/and those I run into. I want to flow with situations rather than ram my head into them and making things fit in my time scheduled. Since I haven't been very regular saying my prayer my days have been VERY disorganized in that I feel that I have no goal except for my list and even that is not very organized right now. When I realize my goal is to flow with what God wants for me each day, my day flows much less stressful. Starting tomorrow morning I am going to start saying my "get this day started" prayer. How do you start your day?

Since I've gotten my glasses I have been able to ready my book. Danzig Passage is a gripping book. Right now Theo who is a continued character from the other books, is fleeing for his life from Berlin because the Nazis have started burning Jewish places in every city they occupy. Theo and his family are wanted for helping Jews escape. I am in chapter seven. I have also been introduced to a new character named Lucy. She thought that a captain in the Nazi army actually loved her. When she told him that she was expecting he told her that he will send her off to Lebensborn. A place where "little cows" are kept until the Nazi baby is born. She was devastated.

Well that is all for tonight. Back to reading, time with hubby, and sleep! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment